roaste

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Turn up the Heat!



My newest pet peeve has been discovered.
I despise cold classrooms. I understand that most teachers have heard that keeping the room cold will keep students awake and it is more sanitary but it just makes me want to curl up in a blanket and sleep as an attempt to control my shivering. I don't understand how teachers expect us as students to learn about quadratic equations or the Civil War when we are worried about getting hypothermia. Because honestly I am more concerned about my fingers turning blue and falling of rather then what an hyperbole does and how it enhances writing.

My last period class I hunkered down in my boyfriends jacket with the hood up and it zipped up to my neck. I put my head down on the desk and slept and I wasn't the only one! Cold class rooms just make for grumpy, whiny, and shaking kids. And who wants to teach them? So teachers, it really isn't that much to ask. Would you please please please turn up the heat in your rooms. And who knows, maybe the class average will go up.

1 comment:

  1. I used to gripe about this all the time in high school. It's especially bad when it's reaaaallly hot outside and then you have to walk into the freezer/classroom.

    Oh but wait, as an older family member I feel like I'm supposed to say something against sleeping in class :/ .....don't miss anything important or get caught!

    ReplyDelete