roaste

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

That Was Just Mean!



This is a follow up to my blog Punk Be Nice!

First period and we are just sitting around talking about anything and everything. A close girlfriend of mine says that there was a piece of glass in her foot and that she was planning on digging out with a knife but then she decided against it because, well, she thought about how bad of an idea that was. When an eavesdropper in our class asks if she had a pair of tweezers. She replied no and what happened after that took me by complete surprise. Another one of my best friends whom I love looks and says, "Well obviously not, have you seen her eyebrows". I was in shock all I could think about was how rude, unnecessary, and completely untrue that was! I looked in astonishment and simply said "Well that was mean" she smiles and responds with a classic "I was just kidding". Why was it she was the only one that seemed amused? I didn't think it was very funny and I don't think my now self conscious friend did either. I love both of these girls they are wonderful people but somethings just come out that shouldn't.

This is one huge difference between high school and the real world. No adults in a work place would dare say something offensive and uncalled for in fear they will be fired or sued. Things like that just don't fly on past high school. So when is it these brutally honest girls learn what to say and what to just keep inside their head? I can not wait til that day.

So! To all those students out there that go home and read my amazing blog after a long day at school. If you didn't know learn anything today, just remember
BE NICE!!!!!!!!! (look I even changed the color and bolded it!)

That is all! Thank you for reading oh fabulous blog readers! Keep it up!

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, it doesn't always end in high school! You would be surprised at what some people think is perfectly acceptable to say in the real world!

    ReplyDelete