roaste

Saturday, September 10, 2011

No More Butt Songs!

Man! You know what I think the radio now is missing? Songs with a meaning. It is so difficult to find songs on the pop radio stations that arn't about drugs, getting drunk, or bootys. I miss the songs like Where is the Love by The Black Eyed Peas. If that song dosn't get you thinking about the world around you I don't know what will. This song is beautiful no matter what kind of music you listen to. And it was performed by a "cool" band. The Black Eyed Peas really were on to something when they released this song in 2003 on their album Elephunk.

After I heard this song on my ipod another song with meaning came on that I had never really payed attention to is the the song Secret Crowds by Angels and Airwaves. One of my favorite lines out of this song is:

"If I had my own world
I'd build you an empire
From here to the far lands
To spread love like violence"



To spread love like violence, what a great line! If everybody out ther could think like Tom DeLong, famous from being the lead vocalist in Blink 182, sings the world would be a better place.




So if by chance any lyricsts out there. Write something about saving the children and the people of the world! No more butt songs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment