roaste

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Can't Sing But I Can Wiggle


For a while I have had a saying that I use probably about once a week.
"Life would be a lot easier if I could sing." And it is true! So many things would just come easier and be really nice if only I even had a moderately pleasant voice. But no, I got my voice from my mom and it is no good. Just today I experienced 4situations where I thought, Man I wish I could sing!

This morning when I was in church I was standing in the pews and began singing the hymn along with the rest of the church and my mom just started laughing at my voice. It was depressing! And back behind me I have this mother daughter duo with matched voices that were right on key. And here me and mom are, tone death losers.

This afternoon I was in the car with mom, my younger brother, and Sandor's friends brother (one of my good friends) who just has a wonderful voice and Adele's newest song came on. I love this song and know every word to it but can I hit those notes? Of course not!

And tonight I had youth group and I was trying to teach some members in my church the beginning verses to the song Hallelujah and it was so embarrassing. My voice sounded terrible. Life would be easier if I could sing.

Last I tried to sing happy birthday to my mom today. That didn't go too well, but luckily I was surrounded by a bunch of loud, off key, vocalists.

So to all of those cool cats with the killer voices. Shut up JERK!
And to all those out there like me. Keep with the band!
Now my fellow shoe wearers, go drink some coffee, put on some booty shorts and dance like you can't sing! :)

1 comment:

  1. YAAAAAAY! but see, you can write! believe is or not, that's way more useful.

    ReplyDelete