roaste

Sunday, October 16, 2011

ADVENTURE TIME




Hey you guys I'm sorry it has been a while since I have posted. I have had a crazy busy schedule lately!

But today I want to talk to you about something REALLY important!
ADVENTURE TIME! Yea, I said it. Adventure Time, the best cartoon out there! The subject came to me when Ethan (my incredible boyfriend) bought me the Jake the Dog hat at Spencer's yesterday. The reactions I got on it were insanely diverse.
From the adults I got "Why do you have a dog on your head?", "What's up with it's eyes?", and a whole bunch of awkward chuckles. Parents didn't seem to be too fond of my incredible hat!

But anybody that was under the age of 30 thought it was the coolest thing! They asked me where I got it, told me Ethan is the most amazing boyfriend on the planet, and told me they were planning on stealing it. Now, I know that a lot of those kids were Adventure Time "posers" meaning they don't really keep up with the show they just think the characters are cute and the sayings they read on the shirts are funny; like "Shmowzow", "Algebraic", "Flip what the zip", and "Slam a cow". But ,that is OK with me.

Ethan brought me home last night and my mom just flat out couldn't take me seriously with it on and it was even worse seeing Ethan wearing it and imagining he got nine tackles the night before. It got me thinking what is it that ages 7-28 love the show but any "real" adults just don't get it. It doesn't bother them like screaming Sponge bob, they just don't see why we all love it.

The reason I love it is because it is so bizarre, it has an insanely simple theme song consisting of a ukulele and vocals but then the show is just out of the blue. One of my friends tried to describe it as going on an acid trip without having to. Between the unicorn made up of a rainbow, little candy people who live in a candy city that giant women try to eat, and bad guys that will turn poor people into a foot just to prove to them that he is a good for nothing jerk, and how delicious tofu human is I guess the reason we like it is because it is like the story books our parents used to tell us, just to more of an extreme.

Well comment your opinions! I'm curious to hear what you guys have to say about it!
Go be wonderful and amazing like Ethan, then kick a cardboard piano out of jealousy.

No comments:

Post a Comment