roaste

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I'm no therapist, but I like to think I am pretty smart


Ok, so I have had a past couple of crummy days, eh...weeks. But, I have discovered some really good ways to get yourself together when it seems nothing is going your way. And although it may not cure your problems some things can just change your mind set completely.

First of all, you can change your day before it even happens. Whether your day is good or bad can be altered by a different mind set. When you wake up and you jump in your steaming shower, instead of dreading the test 2nd period, think about having a good day. Convince yourself it is going to be a good day. That can have a large effect on the outcome of your day.

Ok, now imagine you find out your boyfriend of 3 years was cheating on you with your best friend. Some girls find that the best solution to heartbreak is stuffing your face with chocolates as a comforting substitute, watching sappy, gross, love-dovey movies (which I don't understand), and crying on your mom's shoulder. In my experience, a great way to get any anger emotions out is throwing eggs. I have gone through 3 dozen when I had to deal with a dumb little girl who decided she wanted to ruin my life. Luckily, I threw the eggs instead of punching her in the face like I wanted to.

I LOVE to sleep. If I could, I would eat and sleep all the time. Unfortunately, I do not like being fat. But other then making you fat, sleeping is a great way to blow off steam. I do a lot of my best thinking sleeping (if that makes sense at all). I do this all the time and it drives my friends NUTS! If am in a "text argument" and about to blow up on somebody for their ignorance or lack of common courtesy I will simply ignore the text and go to sleep. Yea, it is pretty childish but I think most people would rather that then the other choice which is me blowing up on them like nobodies business.

Last but not least, take your I-pod and go for a walk/run. Not only does the exercise release endorphins, but listening to your I-pod lets you hear other peoples problems that they have decided to sing about. I love sweating when I am upset. In my mind it lets me rid my body of the sad and upset toxins. Even though I know it isn't logical at all, it still gives me a mental excuse to burn off the chocolate from that break-up.

So! Recap! Throw eggs, sleep, run! And there you have it, a happy human being! Isn't that better then paying a load of money to have a therapist tell you your days have just sucked? I think so. Your welcome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment