roaste

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Come on Girls!


Hey you guys. Sorry it has been so long since I have written. I have had a huge case of writer's block. But here I am! Back and ready to entertain you with my brilliant words of poetry.


I would like to start off by saying Happy National Signing Day!!!
I would like to follow that by saying I am very annoyed Arkansas didn't get Dorial Green-Beckham.

But I am not writing about football tonight. Instead I am going to vent about pop music's lack of girl rockers. I don't mean rockers as in Kelly Clarkson, or Ke$ha, or Brittney Spears. Those are pop stars. I mean rockers like Joan Jett, Pat Benatar, and Blondie. The raunchy, bad to the bone, full out rockers. The closest pop music now is Pink. I am not downing on Pink because I am a big fan of hers but I mean does it not break your heart that all rocker chicks are gone? I had the privilege of going and seeing Joan Jett and the Blackheats in concert this summer and even for a woman in her 50's she still pulled of the all leather look.

Where are the chicks that will punch you in the face while sober? Not the ones that expect roses at her feet and wear cute little dresses. I want "I love Rock n Roll" with killer guitar solos! Not "Boots and Boys"

Come on gals. step it up! Go play with the big boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment